Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week 2 Begins


So I have survived my first week in Brisbane. I have made friends with several of the teachers at school now, who have thankfully offered to give me rides, so I'll no longer have to ride the detested bus that likes to never be on time.

This weekend I was able to experience a lot of the culture. Saturday we went to South Bank, the downtown area, and walked around to all the markets and what-not. I didn't get to see all the museums and gardens that I would have liked to, so I think I'm gonna try to go back by myself one day next weekend. Sunday was by far my best experience so far. We went to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, which is sort of like a zoo, but with very limited captivity, which made me happy. The animals roam around as they wish, for the most part. They do keep the venomous snakes pinned up! The kangaroos roam have an enclosure, but they can get in and out of it if they please, and the other animals are much the same, to the point that if you go to the little cafe area, you have to protect your food from the lizards, birds, and other creatures roaming around! The kangaroos were probably my favorite, they are all extremely good natured and just want to be pet and fed. As you can see from the picture, we were also allowed to cuddle koalas, which are the most adorable, cozy, lazy balls of fur you can imagine. Ashley- I took several pictures of the dingoes for you!!

I start my first actual class tomorrow. I have been given a Year 8 and a Year 12 to be in complete charge of, and the Year 8's meet for the first time tomorrow, wish me luck!!!

Daddy and Kelly-please tell Layla hello for me again, please!
And can someone also make sure Nana and Papa are getting these?

Love and miss you all very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment